Donner Lake Boat Ramp
The Donner Lake Boat Ramp is a public boat launch at Donner Lake in Truckee, California that is owned and operated by the Truckee Donner Recreation and Park District.
15511 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA 96161 - located on the northwest corner of Donner Lake.
- 2 Lane Boat Ramp (pictured above)
- Car and Boat Trailer Parking (pictured below)
- Fish Cleaning Station
- Floating Docks
The Donner Lake Boating Rules are posted on a sign (pictured above) at the boat ramp facility. They are:
- Speed Limits: 35 Miles Per Hour - Maximum Speed; 10 Miles Per Hour - After Sunset; 5 Miles Per Hour - in all Buoyed Speed Zone Areas
- Counter Clockwise Direction of travel required for ski boats and all other vessels
- No Smoking within 100 yards of the facility
- Right-Of-Way - motorboats shall yiel right of way to sailing vessels.
- Refueling - No refueling of vessels on Donner Lake or within 100 feet of the shoreline, unless a spill proof gas can is used.
- Swimming - All Swimmers must remain within 200 feet of shore
- Vessel Operating Age - No person under 16 years of age shall operate a motorboat or personal water craft with more than 15 horesepower, except persons 12-15 years of age when supervised by someone on board that is at least 18 years of age.
Cost - 2017
2018 costs will be verified once they are available!
Season Launch passes are available for purchase at the Truckee Donner Recreation & Park District office or at the boat ramp. You will need to bring in your Vessel Registration certificates for all boats that you want passes for.
You must pay to park if you do not have a Launch Pass. Parking cost = $3.00.
Starting In 2014, there are also Boat Inspection Fees.
For additional information, please contact the Truckee Donner Recreation & Park District:
8924 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA 96161
- Monday & Tuesday - 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Wednesday & Thursday - 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Friday - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Closed Weekends and all Federal Holidays