Truckee Bars and Breweries
Who Doesn't Love a Great Drink After a Hard Day of Skiing?
Truckee Bars and Breweries! A great drink is the end of a perfect day on the slopes in winter time, or a great day of exploring all the outside activities that Truckee has to offer. (Share YOUR Truckee drinking stories below and become part of this website!)
When I first moved to Truckee, I was single with two kids, (1st grade and 5th grade), and I wasn't making enough money at the time to hire a babysitter to go out very often. My visits to Truckee now typically include a nice drink with lunch or dinner!
On a recent stay with my friend at her Donner Lake cabin, we stopped off at the Bar of America on our way back to the cabin for a drink. It was a great time!
Bar of America and Pacific Crest Restaurant in Truckee
Photo Credit: Leigh Storz, Owner of truckee-travel-guide.com
Below you will find a listing of the Truckee Bars, and the Bars at the Village at Northstar that the Truckee Travel Guide will cover. I've also included Bars and Breweries from the Squaw Valley area since it is so close to Truckee. I will be adding additional information on each Bar and Breweries.
(Share YOUR favorites with us below and have YOUR story become part of this website: YOUR favorite place to get a drink, YOUR favorite drink, YOUR favorite bartender, YOUR favorite drinking story!)
Photo Credit: Jason Kelley (permission from Squaw Valley)
Truckee Bars and Breweries
Bars and Breweries in the Truckee area include:
- Bar of America
- Baxter's Bistro & Lounge
- Cottonwood Restaurant
- Fifty Fifty Brewing
- Lodge Restaurant & Pub
- Madigan's Grill and Tavern
- Past Time Club
- Tourist Club
Village at Northstar Bars
Bars and Breweries at the Village at Northstar include:
- Cabana Bar
- The Chocolate Bar
- Overlook Bar
- TC's Pub
Squaw Valley Bars
Bars and Breweries in Olympic Valley and at Squaw Valley include:
- Alexander's Cafe & Bar (High Camp)
- Bar One
- Blue Coyote Sports Grill
- La Chamois
- Rocker at Squaw
- Sandy's Pub (Resort at Squaw Creek)
- Terrace Bar & Restaurant (High Camp)
- The Olympic House
- Umbrella Bar (High Camp - in the Summertime)
- Uncorked at Squaw Valley (Wine!!)
2012 Beer Events
For additional details and events - see the Truckee Event Calendar
- June 9, 2012 1-5pm - Brew Fest at Truckee River Regional Park. No Pets! Live Music (Drop Theory!), 20 Breweries, Brats, Silent Auction, Collector Glass. (Fundraiser for youth programs ad scholarships)
- July 13, 2012 6-8:30pm Northstar Brew Master's Dinner A mouth watering 5-course interactive meal paring with 5 Breweries
- July 14, 2012 3-7pm - 5th Annual Beerfest & Bluegrass Festival at Northstar Village
- August 11-12, 2012 - 11th Annual Brews, Jazz & Funk Festival at the Village at Squaw Valley (Fundraiser for the Tahoe Truckee Humane Society)
- August 25-26, 2012 3rd Annual Peaks & Paws - Village at Squaw Valley 11-8pm (Fundraiser for the Tahoe Truckee Humane Society)
For the 3 Oktoberfest events below, please check out my Oktoberfest page for more details:
- September 29, 2012 Oktoberfest - Village at Squaw Valley 2-6pm (Fundraiser for the Tahoe Truckee Lacrosse Association)
- October 6, 2012 Cobblestone Oktoberfest - Cobblestone Shopping Center in Tahoe City 1-4pm
- October 6-7, 2012 Oktoberfest at Camp Richardson in South Lake Tahoe.
All I know about the above picture, is that it is my son Ryan's hand in the picture! I think he likes beer!
For additional details and Music Events, see my Truckee Music Page.
For Wine Events, see my Truckee Wine Events page.
Have A Great Story About Drinking in Truckee?
Where is YOUR favorite place to have a drink in Truckee? What is YOUR Favorite drink that you have had in Truckee? Run into any Fantastic Bartenders? Got any great drinking in Truckee stories to tell? Share it!
Go to Truckee Event Calendar
Go to Truckee Music
Go to Truckee Wine
Return from Truckee Bars and Breweries to Truckee Travel Guide
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.