I never fail to enjoy the Truckee Shopping! I'm not much of a shopper,
but I love the Truckee Shops. I can always find something, and it is a
fantastic place to find special gifts for Christmas, or other occasions.
This page will be the Truckee
Travel Guide's main Shopping page and link out to other pages for
additional information. This will be a work in process and eventually
over time, I'd love to have a devoted page for each Truckee Store!
Truckee Shopping by Type of Store
If you are looking for a specific type of shopping, I've broken down
all my shopping section into types of stores, so you can find everything
together. I've also included some of the places at the Village at
Palisades Tahoe which is so near: These include:
- Truckee Art - Art Stores, Galleries, Jewelry, Glass, and Pottery
- Truckee Beauty & Spa Hair, Nails, Massage and Spa's in the area.
- Truckee Fashion & Accessories - Clothing, shoes, purses and other accessories stores
- Truckee Grocery Stores Find where to shop for your food needs.
- Truckee Home & Garden - everything related to Home Furnishings, Home Decorating, and Gardening
- Truckee Specialty Stores - Kitchen stuff, gifts, candles, sweets, and pet stores.
- Truckee Sporting Goods - all the shops in Town that sell and rent sports equipment and clothing primarily.
Truckee Shopping by Location
Without a doubt, the historic Truckee Downtown Commercial Row area is the highlight of Truckee! (shown above)
The Truckee Downtown Merchants Association has made a great Historic Downtown Truckee Walking Map.
You can click on the link and view the PDF map online or print it out.
It is slightly outdated with stores such as Jackass Ridge closing and
Mountain Homes moving in and Elijah Bleu's Coffee has closed and been
replaced by Trokay Cafe.
This map covers the shopping areas in the
Downtown Truckee area where you can park and walk through all the areas
such as: (links to more info on each area coming soon!)
- Commerical Row
- Jibboom Street
- West and East River Street
Other Shopping areas include: (links to more info on each area coming soon!)
- Crossroads Shopping Center - located at 11399 Deerfield Drive and anchored by Save Mart
- Gateway Shopping Center - Donner Pass Road
- Glenshire Shopping
- 6 miles north of Truckee in the Glenshire Neighborhood where we used
to live, there is a small grocery store, a video store and a few others
shops that are handy to have, especially during the winter months. These
stores and other neighborhood stores which are primarily used by
residents living in Truckee, will be covered in my Truckee Neighborhood pages.
- Mountain Home Center and other shops on Brockway Road towards the Truckee-Tahoe Airport
- Tahoe Donner Shopping Center
- Truckee Outlet Stores
- Truckee Safeway Shopping Center - at 11290 Donner Pass Road - anchors include Safeway, Rite Aid, and Wells Fargo Bank
- Village at Northstar
- Village at Squaw Valley in Olympic Valley, CA
- Westgate Center - Donner Pass Road
Truckee Shopping Events
There are some great Truckee Events that focus on "Shopping":
- Holiday Friday's - In Downtown Truckee, the stores stay open later for Christmas
Shopping on each of the Friday's before Christmas! Shopping Specials and Refreshments will be available throughout the Downtown area each Friday evening! (Look for the First Friday Flags)
- Truckee Farmers Market
- runs each year from the beginning of June to the middle of October.
Held twice a week, once at the Truckee River Regional Park and at during
Truckee Thursday's in Downtown. Shop for fresh fruits and veggies and
- Truckee First Friday's - the first Friday of every
month, head to downtown Truckee in the evening. There will be lots of participating shops with a
different overall theme for each month.
- Truckee Thursday's
- Truckee's street fair that typically runs in the summer months of
June - August each year. The stores remain open and many set up shop
with tables down the main Downtown Commercial Row which is blocked off
to traffic. (pictured above)
- Truckee Annual Ski Swap
- hosted by the Truckee Donner Recreation & Park District,
typically the first weekend of November, this is a great place to sell
and buy new winter sports gear and clothing
- Black Friday - Friday, November 29, 2024 - Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, traditionally the beginning of the Christmas
shopping season. On this day, many retailers open very early, often at 4
a.m., or earlier, and offer promotional sales to kick off the shopping
- Small Business Saturday - Saturday,
November 30, 2024 - A small business is a business that is privately
owned and operated, with a small number of employees and relatively low
volume of sales. Small Business Saturday, first started in 2010, is the
day we celebrate the Shop Small movement to drive shoppers to local
merchants across the U.S.
- Cyber Monday -
Monday, December 2, 2024 - Cyber Monday is a marketing term for the
Monday immediately following Black Friday, the Friday following Thanksgiving Day
in the United States, created by companies in 2005 to persuade people
to shop online It has become one of the biggest Online Shopping Days of