Non Profit Organizations
There are many great Lake Tahoe Non Profit Organizations that could use
your assistance...either financially, or your time! I'm a firm believer
in giving back! No matter what your circumstances are, there is always
someone in worse shape than you are.
View Larger Map
Lake Tahoe Non Profit Organizations Map
I would encourage everyone to find something that touches their heart,
and donate their time, and money where possible towards helping! Here is a list of the major Non-Profit Organizations in Lake Tahoe, along with their Mission Statement and links to their websites: (If you are a non-profit and not listed yet, just let me know!)
- Adaptive Sports Alliance - Adaptive Sports offers family members and friends the opportunity to actively participate
in a sport together. We at Adaptive Sports Alliance are dedicated to helping enrich the lives
of people through Adaptive Sports and Recreational Organizations.
- Bear League - The BEAR League is a completely volunteer,
community based, not-for-profit organization in the Lake Tahoe Basin,
Truckee and beyond, committed to keeping bears safe
and wild in their natural habitat. We believe that our guiding principle, “People Living in Harmony with Bears” is achievable as the public becomes educated as to the true gentle nature of the Black Bear.
- Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe - To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us
most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and
caring citizens. From their website you can search for their Kings Beach, Tahoe City or Truckee location.
- Carol Franc Buck Foundation
- Disabled Sports USA Far West - Our mission is to provide affordable inclusive physical and recreational activities that build health and confidence.
- Friends of Lake Tahoe - “Friends of Lake Tahoe” is a Nonprofit Public Benefit
Corporation organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for Public Purposes
and is dedicated to preserving, protecting, and promoting the overall social welfare of the
community and environment of the Lake Tahoe region. It is a tax exempt 501 C4 organization (contributions are not tax deductible).
- Girls on the Run Sierras - We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun,
experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
- Lake Tahoe Art Council
- Lake Tahoe Humane Society - mission is to promote the sentiments of humanity and gentleness towards domestic and other animals, to protect their health and safety through education, advocacy, and the promotion of humane ethics.
- Lake Tahoe Park Association
- Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care - We are an independent, nonprofit volunteer organization whose function
is to raise, rehabilitate and release orphaned and injured wild birds
- League to Save Lake Tahoe (Keep Tahoe Blue) - The League to Save Lake Tahoe is dedicated to protecting, restoring, and
advocating for the ecosystem health and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe
Basin. The organization focuses on water quality and its clarity for
the preservation of a pristine Lake for future generations.
- Nevada Institute for Renewable Energy Commercialization (NIREC) - NIREC integrates researchers, financial capital and experienced
entrepreneurs & executives to identify and fund renewable energy
solutions. Ultimately, NIREC’s principal mission is to create jobs
through the commercialization and widespread deployment of renewable
- North Lake Tahoe Historical Society - The NLTHS mission is to preserve, present and interpret Lake Tahoe
history, and the NLTHS does this through its three museums located in Tahoe City. (Gatekeeper's Museum & the Marion Steinbach Indian Basket Museum and the Watson Cabin Museum)
- North Tahoe Arts - mission is to support the arts in the North
Tahoe-Truckee communities through exposure, education and participation.
- Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation - is a non-profit public charity that is dedicated to supporting the Lake Tahoe region – now and into the future. We build prosperity through leadership, partnership and philanthropy.
- Pet Network Humane Society - Pet Network rescues adoptable animals from euthanasia, connects
abandoned animals with loving families, instills respect for animals
through education and promotes quality of life through animal
- Sierra Business Council - To pioneer innovative approaches and solutions that foster community
vitality, environmental quality, economic prosperity, and social
fairness in the Sierra Nevada.
- Sierra Community House - On July 1, 2019, four long-standing non-profit, social service organizations — Family Resource Center of Truckee, North Tahoe Family Resource Center, Tahoe SAFE Alliance, and Project MANA — united to form Sierra Community House. Sierra Community House is a 501c3, non-profit organization. Our goal is to better serve our region, share resources, leverage partnerships, and connect individuals and families with the services they need to thrive to build the strength, safety, and resilience of the community.
- Sierra Nevada Alliance - mission
is to protect and restore the natural environment of the Sierra Nevada
for future generations while ensuring healthy and sustainable
communities. We do this by strengthening the work of people and
organizations committed to the environmental integrity of the Sierra
- Sierra State Parks Foundation - Join us in our mission to keep parks open for current and future
generations. The Sierra State Parks Foundation has raised over two
million dollars for State Parks in its 42 year history. We need your
continued support to promote our mission to educate, interpret, preserve
and restore these precious natural resources.
- Sustainable Tahoe - mission is to facilitate the adoption of sustainable stewardship by
showcasing, cultivating, and connecting models of success throughout the
region. Using TriNomics ™,
we seek out environmentally responsible behavior and spotlight best
practices to inspire others. Sustaining Tahoe is a vision we share…the
Tahoe Expo is our active demonstration of how we get there.
- Tahoe-Baikal Institute - Established in 1990, the Tahoe-Baikal Institute
(TBI) fosters a future where sustainable communities thrive in concert
with their environment by connecting passionate young leaders with
inspiring, place-based watershed education in two of the world's premier
freshwater ecosystems: Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada and Lake Baikal in southern Siberia.
- Tahoe CAN (Tahoe Collaborate Association of Non-Profits) - Tahoe CAN helps meet the needs of our community by building the capacity
of local nonprofit and community leaders and empowering organizations
to achieve their goals through collaboration.
- Tahoe City Downtown Association - “To enhance and promote a vibrant and prosperous commercial and social center for the residents of and visitors to Tahoe City”.
- Tahoe Fund - The Tahoe Fund will improve the extraordinary natural environment of the Lake Tahoe Basin
by building broad support and funding for projects and programs that
restore and enhance the Lake for the enjoyment of current and future
- Tahoe Heritage Foundation - The mission of the Tahoe Heritage Foundation is to preserve and protect
the cultural heritage and natural history resources of the Lake Tahoe
Basin through restoration, interpretation, and education.
- Tahoe Maritime Museum - Our Mission is to stimulate an interest in, increase knowledge of, and maintain
watercraft and marine artifacts significant in Lake Tahoe’s maritime
history through the highest standards of historic preservation,
innovative interpretation and public education.
- Tahoe Players - Tahoe Players is a Dance Studio and Theater Company dedicated to providing quality dance and theater education and performance to the Lake Tahoe area since 1990.
- Tahoe Turning Point
- Tahoe Turning Point is a private/non-profit (501c3) outpatient
facility providing professional therapeutic services and substance abuse
counseling to adults and adolescents of the Lake Tahoe Community and
surrounding areas. Tahoe Turning Point also provides specialized
therapy for families and married couples.
- Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation
- Thunderbird Lodge Preservation Society